Shopping for mom during the holidays is never easy, especially if you feel like they deserve the world and you have $4.00 in your pocket. Ask her what she wants for Christmas and she’ll probably answer, “a nap?” While you can’t wrap a nap (lol see what we did there?), we have compiled a list of gift ideas for mom that range in budgets from broke to treat-yo-self. We are sure this list will help you find something that she will love. We also included a special “What NOT to buy” section.
1. Maid - Probably the number 1 requested gift. You can use a national service like merrymaids.com or find a local option using Groupon. Prices vary depending on service.
2. Personal Assistant - Fancy Hands is a community of virtual assistants that do work in 20 minute chunks of time.
I was gifted 45 tasks as a graduation present and I loved it so much I subscribed when my free tasks were up. I’ve used Fancy Hands for everything ranging from looking up plumbers in my area to researching meeting room spaces. Note: if you do this for yourself, you get 50% off for your first month using my link. Starts at $30 a month http://fhands.com/taMcYwl
3. An in-home massage from an app like Soothe
Ah a massage, how luxurious. Except for the part where mom has to find a spa near her, spend time booking, and then actually commute to it. Soothe will come straight to her door. Available in 55+ cities, starting at $109 for one hour.
4. Manicure/Pedicure - Groupon would be a good option for this as well, but honestly, if you slip her a few $20s, I’m sure she’ll love it. Use this card if you do. Prices vary depending on service.
5. A blow-out because someone else washing your hair is the actual best.
Seriously that moment when you tilt your head back and a stylist turns on the warm water me goosebumps. Mom deserves that feeling. I recommend the Dry Bar which can be found in many cities. Blowouts start at $45.
6. Free ride with either Uber or Lyft - So she can feel like a VIP heading home after the free champagne at Drybar. Uber gift cards start $25 and Lyft starts at $20.
7. Dry Shampoo, any woman’s secret super power. Extend the length of your wash by a few days with Batiste Dry Shampoo. $15.19 for a pack of 3 on Amazon.
8. This Hat - Because sometimes you’ve overdone the dry shampoo but just need more time. It’s our Pocket Palette Hat and we love it. Buy it now for $23.
9. For the mom at a desk job, sitting on your butt all day is hard. This No-Pressure Seat Cushion has the capability of being portable to take wherever you go and it's washable! $40 on Amazon.
10. Help protect that beautiful face of hers by gifting this highly ranked Natural Silk Hypoallergenic Pillowcase. It’s the small luxuries in life that count. Only $21!
11. Pocket Palette - This travel makeup palette is a great gift for the woman on-the-go aka busy moms who just need a few minutes for themselves. Pre-order a set of 3 for $12.
12. Your mom is a Phenomenal Woman - Let her know who she is while supporting other women by getting her this Phenomenal Woman T-Shirt for $35.
Funds raised from this shirt will benefit various organizations that support women. Emerge America, Essie Justice Group, Girls Who Code, Higher Heights, National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, Planned Parenthood, and The United State of Women. Learn more about each organization and get your mom a Phenomenal Woman T-Shirt.
13. A cozy sweater because moms love being cozy. I bought this sweater over Thanksgiving break and I get all of the nice fuzzy feelings when I wear it. It might as well be a robe. Available at Target for $29.99.
14. You always need to be able to reach mom, make sure her phone and electronics are always at 100% with this Portable Charger. $39.99 on Amazon.
Haven’t used this one, but there are over NINE thousand 5 star reviews on Amazon, with some pretty detailed descriptions of the product. I put this one in my shopping cart.
15. Leggings are always in season, and make the perfect pair of pants without actually having to put real pants on.
This 6-pack of seamless fleece lined leggings comes in different colors so she can mix and match with her wardrobe. With over 2,800 positive reviews we think this is a great buy and for only $25.95 on Amazon!
16. Slippers are a classic gift and this pair of Minnetonka Women's Hardsole Pile-Lined Slipper’s can be worn inside or outdoors.
They range in price from $31.64 - $50.90 depending on size and color.
17. Socks! Enough with the cute pair of socks that disappear into the dryer and never come out. Buy mom two sets of these socks (for a total of 36 pairs!) and she’ll never have to worry about matching socks again. One pack is $13.99 on Amazon.
18. On the off chance that she gets to take a nap, give her some VitaFusion Melatonin gummies to help her quickly turn off the noise in her head and savor as many minutes in the nap as possible. Only $10.44 for some blissful sleep.
19. If your mom has the luxury of having a separate bathroom, help ease her life a bit with The Squatty Potty. This is a life changer. Only $24.99!
20. This 4 pack of exfoliating gloves - My mom saw these in my shower and actually asked me to buy these for her. $9.99 for the pack. (And bonus, she loved this sunblock too.)
21. If you want a low cost but high emotional impact gift, check out this fill in the blank book, What I Love About Mom. (I’m looking at you, college students). It's available on amazon for $13.99, though you may find it cheaper in your college bookstore.
What NOT to buy Mom
- Heart shaped jewelry. They only wear it so as not to hurt your feelings.
- Any mug. Unless you hand shaped it in pottery class, NO MORE MUGS.
- Cute trinkets. Cute, but, might eventually be stepped on or lost.
- Anything from this list - unless they have specifically asked for something on here, stay away from the pineapple ice-bucket!
Alright Happy Shopping!